MEP Cost - Electrical Senior Estimator
Holder Construction is an ENR Top 20 industry leader with operations throughout the United States. We are currently seeking highly motivated construction professionals to join our company in MEP Cost. Holder’s MEP Cost department is currently located our Atlanta and Phoenix office. Opportunities in our MEP Cost Department may exist in in the following regional locations (Denver, and Washington D.C)
- Estimating experience in the Electrical trades including medium and low voltage system, and other associated systems.
- Strong knowledge Electrical commercial trade software such as Accubid Anywhere or Accubid Classic are valuable and preferred.
- Preparation of mechanical cost estimates from conceptual phase to design development thru final construction documents.
- Review and validation of subcontractor proposal pricing and change orders.
- Develop value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Support meetings with the owner, architect, and engineer for all aspects of the Cost phase of the project.
- Lead Electrical cost efforts within our core markets which include Data Centers, Aviation, Higher Education, Corporate / Commercial Office, and Laboratories.
- Candidate should be able to perform material takeoff and input data into computerized cost models and have working knowledge of electrical estimating manuals and guidelines such as NECA.
- Prepare comparative cost analysis to previous (internal and external) estimates and develop a clear and concise explanation of the variances for each of the project stakeholders.
- Communication with electrical equipment vendors, electrical design engineers, clients, and subcontractors.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor younger electrical estimators.
- Represent Holder at all coordination meetings, industry events, as well as maintaining positive relationships with subcontractors, vendors, and our clients/owners.
- Provide internal communication responsibility amongst the different departments and project stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed MEP analyses of subcontractor and vendor bid proposals along with recommendations for
- Ownership for the creation, updating, and presentation of project cost deliverables and tools to our clients.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Construction Management or have on the job MEP Electrical Subcontractor Estimating Experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of Electrical estimating experience specific to medium and low voltage system, and other associated special systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, HVAC, plumbing, architectural and civil plans and specifications as they relate to mechanical work.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of MEP Systems; Considers raw materials, labor, equipment, tools, labor and transportation for estimations.
- Experience leading a team of Electrical Estimators
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment including:
- Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner.
- Effectively communicates and listens.
- Looks to continually improve and grow.
- Organizes and uses meeting time effectively.
- Lead by example via a work ethic and effort above-standard in the industry
- Presents ideas in a manner that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
- Able to handle confrontation in a professional and constructive manner.
- Proven ability to develop the team around them including:
- Enables others to act.
- Emphasizes the importance of people’s contributions.
- Engages others and encourages high performance.
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package. More on benefits.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.