MEP Preconstruction Coordinator
Holder Construction is an ENR Top 25 industry leader with operations throughout the United States. We are currently seeking highly motivated construction professionals to join our company in MEP Preconstruction. Holder’s MEP Preconstruction department is currently located in our Atlanta, office. Opportunities in our MEP Preconstruction Department may exist in Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ, and Washington, D.C.
- Work with project teams to lead and manage MEP preconstruction activities including estimating, design management, and subcontractor/vendor procurement.
- Communication with electrical/mechanical equipment vendors, electrical/mechanical design engineers, clients, and subcontractors. Internal communication responsibility amongst the different departments and project stakeholders.
- Prepare comparative analysis to previous (internal and external) estimates and develop a clear and concise explanation of the variances for each of the project stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate teams of preconstruction Engineers to develop a complete scope of work centered around MEP systems to help teams avoid typical “gotcha’s” as well as guide teams through atypical situations.
- Prepare detailed MEP analyses of subcontractor and vendor bid proposals along with recommendations for award. Include a comprehensive analysis of all project risks, challenges against the client’s project schedule and budget.
- Train and develop preconstruction engineers for complete technical and non-technical development in the world of MEP systems
- Lead responses to RFPs which enhance Holder’s reputation and consideration by clients for current and future opportunities.
- Represent Holder at all design/coordination meetings, industry events, as well as maintaining positive relationships with subcontractors, vendors, and our clients/owners.
- Ownership for the creation, updating, and presentation of project deliverables and tools to our clients.
- Support meetings with the owner, architect, and engineer for all aspects of the preconstruction phase of the project.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management or have MEP subcontractor preconstruction experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of preconstruction experience specific to mechanical, electrical, plumbing and/or building automation systems/power monitoring systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, HVAC, plumbing, architectural and civil plans, and specifications.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of MEP Systems and equipment.
- Experience leading a team of MEP Project Engineers / Estimators.
- Outstanding communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment including:
- Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner
- Effectively communicates and listens
- Looks to continually improve and grow
- Organizes and uses meeting time effectively
- Lead by example via a work ethic and effort above-standard in the industry
- Presents ideas in a manner that is clear, concise, and easy to understand
- Able to handle confrontation in a professional and constructive manner
- Proven ability to develop the team around them including:
- Enables others to act
- Emphasizes the importance of people’s contributions
- Engages others and encourages high performance
- Engages in radical candor that develops others while being professional and respectful
- Willing to accept constructive criticism from others to improve themselves
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package. More on benefits.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.