MEP Cost Coordinator
Holder Construction is an ENR Top 25 industry leader with operations throughout the United States. We are currently seeking highly motivated construction professionals to join our company in the MEP Cost Group for our projects in Columbus, OH. Applicants must be willing to travel to project sites.
- The MEP Cost Coordinator will support our onsite Construction Operations teams to manage the onsite MEP Subcontractor’s costs, activities including reviewing and validating MEP Subcontractor open book manifest billing/invoicing, labor tracking, monthly MEP cost projections, and Change Order management.
- Provide project set support and training for the MEP Subcontractors on the billing and cost projection tools.
- Provide consistent communication with electrical/mechanical subcontractors to fully understand changes in the MEP cost of the projects.
- Work with the onsite MEP Subcontractors and project teams to report the monthly findings of each bill and large cost projection variances.
- Drive audit issue responses and resolution with the MEP Subcontractors.
- Prepare a comparative analysis of the previous month’s billing vs current billing and develop a clear and concise explanation of the variances for each of the project stakeholders.
- Verify that all project cost dashboards and KPIs are accurately reported.
- With the above having been completed and updated, conduct complete, accurate, and timely cost projections to present to project leadership for their review and approval for submission to executive leadership.
- Help the onsite team review and track Subcontractor Change Orders and Schedule of Values, having subs provide the accurate breakout with COR pricing.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, construction management, or have MEP subcontractor cost experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing preconstruction or construction cost and finance experience.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, HVAC, plumbing, architectural, and civil plans, and specifications.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of MEP Systems and equipment.
- Experience in reviewing financial aspects of the MEP system including labor rates and material costs.
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment including:
- Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner
- Effectively communicates and listens
- Looks to continually improve and grow
- Organizes and uses meeting time effectively
- Lead by example via a work ethic and effort above standard in the industry
- Presents ideas in a manner that is clear, concise, and easy to understand
- Able to handle confrontation in a professional and constructive manner
- Proven ability to develop the team around them including:
- Enables others to act
- Emphasizes the importance of people’s contributions
- Engages others and encourages high performance
- Engages in radical candor that develops others while being professional and respectful
- Willing to accept constructive criticism from others to improve themselves
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package. More on benefits.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.