Holder Construction is an ENR Top 25 industry leader with operations throughout the United States. We are currently seeking highly motivated construction professionals to join our company in Preconstruction. Holder’s Preconstruction department has a presence in our Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix and San Jose, and Washington D.C. offices. Opportunities in our Preconstruction Department exist in all these regional locations.
- Work with project teams to lead and manage full range of preconstruction activities including estimating, design management, and subcontractor procurement
- Identify, organize, and prepare estimates under multiple contract delivery methods to ensure a complete and competitive proposal. Prepare accurate and professional bids/proposals that support our Clients, or secure new projects while remaining profitable and aligned with quality standards.
- Prepare comparative analysis to previous estimates and develop a clear and concise explanation of the variances for each of the project stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate teams of Project Engineers to develop a multidisciplinary estimate; lead self-perform, hard-bid, negotiated, and conceptual estimating teams.
- Prepare detailed analyses of subcontractor and supplier bids along with recommendations for award.
- Evaluate, assess, and apply historical project information including self-performed work.
- Lead responses to RFPs which enhance Holder’s reputation and consideration by clients for current and future opportunities.
- Represent Holder at all design/coordination meetings, industry events, as well as maintaining positive relationships with subcontractors, vendors, and our clients/owners.
- Ownership for the creation, updating, and presentation of project deliverables and tools to our clients.
- Lead meetings with the owner, architect, and engineer for all aspects of the preconstruction phase of the project.
- In collaboration with Operations, look for opportunities to drive improvement within the process by using Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and any other process enhancements.
Requirements for this position include:
- B.S. in Construction Management or related construction/engineering degree
- 5+ years’ experience in a construction management, preconstruction, or estimating role.
- Willingness to relocate
- Experience leading a team of Project Engineers / Estimators
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment including:
- Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner
- Effectively communicates and listens
- Looks to continually improve and grow
- Organizes and uses meeting time effectively
- Presents ideas in a manner that is clear, concise, and easy to understand
- Able to handle confrontation in a professional and constructive manner
- Proven ability to develop the team around them including:
- Enables others to act
- Emphasizes the importance of people’s contributions
- Engages others and encourages high performance
- Engages in radical candor that develops others while being professional and respectful
- Willing to accept constructive criticism from others to improve themselves
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.