As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services, across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose and Washington, DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
We are seeking a highly motivated Contract Specialist to join our team in the Atlanta Office that will support commercial construction operations throughout the country. The ideal candidate for this job is a team player who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced yet supported environment. Your job is to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed.
- Review Preconstruction, Construction, and Design Services Contracts and Other Miscellaneous Agreements for Equitable Terms within Holder’s Risk Profile. General familiarity with AIA Agreements and CM at Risk, Cost Plus, Lump Sum, and Design/Build terms.
- Able to understand and communicate company insurance and bonding requirements.
- Organize contract comments and recommendations timely in format suitable for project leadership.
- Able to summarize key categories of contract negotiation issues and prioritize contract comments.
- Escalate high priority contract negotiation issues and organize company leadership level discussions for collaborative decision making on path forward.
- Annual review of Company Owner, Design Partner, Consultant, and Subcontractor/Vendor agreements for necessary adjustments.
- Monitoring of Master Agreements Purchase Orders/Task Orders for proper risk mitigation implementation from Project Team and contracts renewal.
- Assist with negotiating modifications to Subcontractor and Vendor Agreements
- Provide internal and external support on legal claims and subpoenas. This includes assisting in responding to claims and/or preparing counterclaims, collecting, reviewing and summarizing data for discovery responses, preparing or reviewing notices, amongst other items.
- Manage legal deadlines, maintain legal files, and monthly legal reporting to department leadership.
- Collaborate with outside council and organize legal strategy meetings at appropriate times.
Requirements for this position include:
- Candidate will preferably have 3-5+ Years in a Construction or Contracts Position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to effectively communicate across projects and departments with associates of varying skill level. Also, be able to communicate with third party organizations for project / legal support.
- Earn the trust of associates, but maintain ability to independently assess and evaluate issues.
- Ability to have difficult conversations and diffuse conflict, free of emotion.
- Have a high level of morality and ethics.
- Proactively adjust priorities based on company needs and communicate adjustments.
- Be strategic and solutions/goal oriented and detail-oriented, but flexible to changes in plan.
- Independent worker with a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to effectively collect information and ask questions, analyze, evaluate, and make recommendations and then organize the appropriate teams for group decision making.
- Good listener and detail oriented.
- Escalate issues timely.
- Ability to innovate and comfortable being introduced to new technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft based software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Coach and mentor teams with meaningful feedback.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time for site visits or project meetings related to exposures/legal meetings.
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.