Construction Risk Manager
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services, across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose and Washington, DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
We are seeking a highly motivated Manager to join our Construction Risk team in the Atlanta Office that will support commercial construction operations throughout the country. The ideal candidate for this job is a team player who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced yet supported environment. Your job is to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed.
- Responsible for project and post construction issues, compliance, contract review, negotiation tasks, and legal support.
- Work collaboratively within the support department to deliver strategic solutions that fit changing evolving needs of the company.
- Provide operational risk support to 60+ projects across the country. Help identify, evaluate, and mitigate risk associated with day-to-day operations, while ensuring a consistent approach
- Clearly understand project issues, gather information, generate possible solutions, make recommendations, and evaluate effectiveness of outcome. Types of project issues includes, but are not limited to: subcontractor/vendor contract or change management, subcontractor conflicts, issues with nonperformance or nonpayment, bond claims, liens, 48 hours notices, crisis management, insurance claim support, etc.
- Able to read construction drawings, specifications, schedules, and logistics plans.
- Able to interpret contract agreements and apply to project issues.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with project teams to bring issues to timely closure.
- Understand importance of notice provisions and ability to write or edit clear, concise, and coherent letters.
- Identify root cause of operational risk issues, track, and provide company feedback and prepare recommendations for process improvement.
- Monitoring and continued education on industry best practices.
- Proactively manage Contractor’s and Business licensing and registration to support qualifiers and projects.
- Proactively manage compliance with mechanic’s liens processes and other compliance issues by state and type of project. This includes, but is not limited to Notices of Commencement, Notices of Completion, Preliminary Notices, Affidavits of Nonpayment, Bonds, etc.
- Manage annual operational risk management training program. Work with internal committee to development training schedule, audience, and content.
- Hold weekly Post Construction / Warranty Meetings to review possible or actual exposures, warranty metrics, and inspection tracking and logistics. Provide support to Post Construction Team related to warranties, NPDES inspections, and maintenance inspections.
- Participate in company or compliance audits.
- Overall support to business continuity planning.
Requirements for this position include:
- Ideal candidate will have 3-5+ Years of Construction Experience
- Effectively communicate across projects and departments with associates and be able to communicate with third party organizations for project / legal support.
- Earn the trust of associates but maintain ability to independently assess and evaluate issues.
- Ability to have difficult conversations and diffuse conflict, free of emotion.
- Have a high level of morality and ethics.
- Proactively adjust priorities based on company needs and communicate adjustments.
- Be strategic and solutions/goal oriented, but flexible to changes in plan.
- Effectively collect information and ask questions, analyze, evaluate, and make recommendations and then organize the appropriate teams for group decision making.
- Good listener and detail oriented.
- Escalate issues timely.
- Turn lessons learned into best practices.
- Coach and mentor teams with meaningful feedback.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to alter information for different audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those in the department.
- Ability to innovate and comfortable being introduced to new technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft based software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.