Holder Construction, an Atlanta based commercial construction company with operations throughout the United States, is seeking a highly motivated Senior Estimator to join our project team in Huntsville, AL.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or with trades to develop complete cost estimates.
- Develop details and metrics associated with costing.
- Develop order of magnitude pricing on change packages.
- Ability to cost estimate mechanical & electrical scopes of work.
- Capable of CSI type formatting of cost packages.
- Can reference and communicate current market pricing and capabilities.
- Can plan and schedule implementations of cost and change packages and develop its critical path.
- Able to use and manage cost packages within costing software systems.
- Able to comment and confirm on trade and market pricing to validate accuracy and reasonableness.
- Ability to build relationships with trade partners, clients, and consultants
- Ability to positively engage Subcontractors on change issues without jeopardizing relationships
Requirements for this position include:
- 15+ years of experience in estimating and quantity takeoffs
- Working knowledge of estimating all CSI divisions of construction work
- Capable of conceptual estimating and developing total cost packages
- Can quickly develop order of magnitude pricing recaps
- Understanding of MEP estimating
- Up to date with current market conditions including unit pricing
- Estimates consistent with the plan to build
- Proficient with Bluebeam overlay process for changes
- Experience with Assemble, BIM360 or other Revit model engagement software
- Familiar with use of MSFT, Procore, eBuilder, and other project management and administration platforms
- Understand and review Sub change pricing accordingly for accuracy and appropriateness
- Positive attitude, good work ethic, respectful, detail oriented, and time-management skills a must
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.