Project Engineer - Quality
Holder Construction, an Atlanta based commercial construction company with operations throughout the United States, is seeking a highly motivated management professional to join our project team in Columbus, OH.
This position works within the team to ensure overall project quality and the performance of daily quality procedures to provide proper coordination and documentation to meet the project standards and requirements. The position will work directly with operations, clients/owners, designers, and third-party agents to manage the complex quality trade and processes.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with the project team, subcontractors, consultants and owner representatives. Execute inspections with trade partners to oversee checklist and accuracy before and after inspection. Work with trade partners to ensure documentation is completed and work is installed to a high standard of quality per the project documents, in support of the project schedule.
- Review installations and all mock ups with owner, client and architect. Understand all quality processes, procedures, expectations and the utilization of tools to ensure project success
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications including identification of errors or redundancies for resolution by others.
- Provide leadership & willingness to take ownership of trade management for yourself and other QA/QC Engineers
- Oversee the quality team, support any documentation and office-based responsibilities to meet construction schedule and specific QA/QC program.
- Engage into the submittal review process ahead of installation to identify quality concerns and ways to increase quality assurance.
- Engage with O/A/Es & continuously to understand project goals and track the strategies to meet and exceed them. Complete daily field walks with field team to ensure quality assurance. Regularly review scope installation progress with the field team to ensure quality assurance.
- Coordinate resolution for all systems/tools, data entry, tracking tools, Completion List, Punchlist, NCR, Observations Deficiency Logs, along with other designated software, provide documentation of all meeting minutes.
- Familiarity with a broad range of general construction processes and nomenclature including testing laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Coordinate with trade partners for inspection paperwork, manage and train the team on software tools required to manage and execute the quality program.
- Create, document and distribute all checklists, inspections, completion lists, punch lists, and reports on the office side. Communicate to facilitate field activities required for issue completion, along with issue durations and due dates with trade partners.
- Work with both office and field staff to understand the project schedule in order to execute the inspection process to support critical commissioning and energization dates.
- Participate in Trade pre-installation meetings to verify that each Trade has an understanding of the Project’s QC requirements before beginning work on site.
Requirements for this position include:
- 3-5 years of management or field construction focused experience on projects similar in nature, size, and extent.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in MS-based software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam, BIM360, Field, SmartSheet, etc.
- Proficient with QA/QC systems, platforms, and technologies that allow for tracking, metrics and reporting.
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.