Project Manager - Quality
Holder Construction, an Atlanta based commercial construction company with operations throughout the United States, is seeking a highly motivated Quality Manager professional to join our project team in Washington, DC.
This position is responsible for the evaluation, implementation and management of the project quality assurance and quality control program and performance of daily quality procedures and provide proper coordination and decimation that meet project standards and requirements. The position will work directly with both internal and external team members, to provide document review, coordination, and implementation during construction and commissioning activities.
- Manage and execute the project specific quality program in collaboration with the owner, design team, subcontractor team, and third-party inspectors, to meet the requirements of the contract documents.
- Provide leadership and ownership of the entire Quality Control team
- Familiarity with a broad range of general construction processes and nomenclature including testing laboratory protocols and procedures, soils and concrete testing, asphalt paving, structural steel and welding and general construction observations.
- Plan, develop and manage a methodical and detail-oriented quality program to ensure appropriate document management, testing procedures are appropriately executed, and issues are closed in a timely manner to mitigate project risk.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications including identification of errors or redundancies for resolution by others.
- Assist in management of the equipment commissioning effort, ensuring inspection statuses are updated appropriately to support the commissioning schedule.
- Work with preconstruction, field supervision and other teams to ensure the project is set up to support the quality management needs of the program.
- Ensure inspections and tests are executed to the requirements of the contract documents.
- Manage inspections, test, evaluations of different trades for all quality specifications
- Coordinate with third parties, trade partners for inspection paperwork, manage testing reports and train on software tools for best practices and consistency.
- Participate in Trade pre-installation meetings to verify that each Trade understands the Project’s QA/QC requirements before beginning work on site.
- Monitor construction activities and review materials and equipment delivered to the project for adherence to specifications, manage Engineers on coordinating lists, punch list items, observations, and logs.
- Manage company risk and understand all aspects of contract documents.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior employees; seeking opportunities to grow in leadership roles.
- Manage and oversight of follow up requirements because of deficiencies noted and documented.
Requirements for this position include:
- 10-15 years of office or field construction focused experience on projects similar in nature, size, and extent.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in MS-based software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam, BIM360, Field, SmartSheet, etc.
- Proficient with QA/QC systems, platforms, and technologies that allow for tracking, metrics and reporting
BUILD YOUR CAREER
WHO WE ARE
The best teams trust Holder to deliver their most important work. Our people redefine the construction experience. We lead with integrity. We seek excellence. We care more.
As a strong and stable company since 1960, Holder provides nationwide construction management services on complex projects in the aviation, office, technology, education, hospitality, and interiors markets. Our mission is to provide clients with quality construction services across the country, supported by our offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix, San Jose, and Washington DC. At Holder, our most valuable resources are our people, who carry forth our core values, brand, and reputation for performance.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We encourage authenticity and encourage support to ensure you can perform at your best
Company culture is based on integrity of leadership, high performance, care and connection, development, and continuous improvement
Organic growth from within the organization
Security and stability of a consistent top 20 ENR contractor
Respectful, trusting, inclusive, and collaborative working environment
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program. We offer a top notch compensation and benefits package.
EEO - AAP
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.